dimanche 19 avril 2009

Fin du stage / End of teaching practice

Je prends encore quelques minutes sur mon étude pour venir écrire. Décidément, cela ne me tente plus d'étudier ! Hier en venant écrire, je me suis rendue compte que je n'étais même pas venue raconter la fin de mon stage, qui pourtant a été très marquante pour moi.
I decided to take another few minutes on my studies to come and write. I am so tired of always studying ! Yesterday, as I came to write, I realized that I did not even told what happenned on the last day of my teaching practice. It's been very memorable to me.
J'étais loin de me douter que les jeunes avaient eu le temps de s'attacher à moi autant que moi j'avais eu le temps de m'attacher à eux.
I didn't think the children had gotten attached to me as much as I had gotten attached to them.
Ils m'avaient fabriqué une carte pour mon départ, qu'ils avaient tous signée. Ils m'ont également fabriqué une insigne qu'on met sur la porte à mon nom. C'est super beau.
They made me a card for my departure that they all signed. They also made me that thing we put on the door at my name. It's beautiful.
J'avais moi aussi acheté des cartes et des signets magnétiques pour chacun d'entre eux. Je leur avait écrit un mot personnalisé. C'est fou comme ça leur a fait plaisir, je n'en revenais pas. Un petit gars qui d'ordinaire restait dans sa bulle s'est levé pour venir me parler avec enthousiasme de je ne sais quoi (d'ordinaire, il parle comme s'il était le personnage principal de ses jeux vidéos) avec un grand sourire. Et pendant qu'il me parlait, une petite fille m'a littéralement sauté dans les bras. Elle m'a serré très très fort.
I had also bought cards and magnetic bookmarks to all of them. I had written a personnalized card. They were so pleased, I never thought it would be so much. A little boy who normally stays in his world and doesn't speak to anyone stood up to talk to me about I don't know what (he speaks like the characters of his video games) with a big smile. And while he was speaking to me, a little girl jumped into my arms. She hold me very tight.
À la fin de la journée, j'ai eu le droit à des accolades des trois élèves qui restaient, dont la petite fille dont je viens de parler qui avait les larmes aux yeux et un autre petit gars qui d'ordinaire arrivait à peine à soutenir mon regard. J'étais vraiment super émue. Un peu plus et je me mettais à pleurer moi aussi !
In the end of the day, the three remaining students hugged me, including the little girl I just talked about who was almost crying, and a little boy who usually can barely stare into my eyes. I was touched. A little more and I was crying along with the little girl !
Je me doutais que ça allait être dur de partir, mais pas à ce point. J'espère avoir l'occasion de les rencontrer de nouveau !
I knew it would be hard to leave, but not that much. I hope I'll have other occasions to meet them !
En terminant, voici la courtepointe que les élèves ont réalisé pour mon activité. Elle est probablement plus grande aujourd'hui, puisqu'ils allaient la poursuivre après mon départ.
Here's the counterpane the students realized for my activity. It's probably already bigger today, since they were going to continue it after my departure.


2 commentaires:

Vesna a dit...

Hello Isabelle!
I noticed what a nice counterpane your students did.
Can you tell me which things they put on the pictures? How did they decide which ones to put there?

Isa a dit...

Well, in Quebec there's a new course about ethics and religious cultures where students need to learn about other people's religion and beliefs. The students were working on weddings of different religion, and they each had to find an image of that particular wedding. Catholic, bouddhist, islamic and so on. They went on google image and tried to recognize elements fromthese weddings on the pictures they saw. They chose the one they wished printed it and put it on their scrapbooking paper square. That's about it !