mercredi 17 octobre 2007

Faits saillants de ma première journée / highlights of my first day

Hier, ma première journée s'est très bien passée, considérant le fait que c'était ma première journée ! En général, les gens s'adoucissent lorsqu'on leur dit que c'est notre première journée ! Je devrais songer à utiliser cette tactique en permanence...
Yesterday, my first day went very good, considering the fact that it was my first day ! Generally, people become more patient when we tell them it's our first day! I should think about the eventuality of using this sentence all the time...
Le pire moment de la journée est lorsqu'une anglaise de Montréal s'est fâchée parce que je ne trouvais pas son inscription. Elle m'a menacé d'appeller Bell avec son téléphone cellulaire ! Elle dit qu'elle a toujours des problèmes quand elle appelle notre assistance annuaire. Qu'est-ce-que tu veux que ça me fasse, espèce de frustrée de la vie ? Moi, je fais ce que je peux avec la base de données à ma disposition ! Et les chances que Bell soit mieux sont minimes, puisque TELUS est premier en Amérique pour son service d'assistance annuaire et deuxième dans le monde entier!
The worst moment of the day was when an english woman from Montreal got pissed because I couldn't find her listing. She threatened me to call Bell directory assistance with her cell phone ! She told me she always had problems finding phone numbers with our directory assistance. What do you want me to tell you, madam ? I'm doing what I can with the data bases I have ! And the chances that Bell find her listing are low, because TELUS has the best directory assistance of all America and is second in the world !
Maintenant que je suis officiellement entrée à TELUS, plein de gens m'avouent qu'ils ont entendu parler de pleins de gens qui n'ont même pas passé la formation ! C'est vraiment paniquant ! Mais orgueilleuse comme je suis, je ne voulais pas lâcher tout de suite et j'ai bien fait !
Now that I'm officially a TELUS employee, many people tell me they heard about people who didn't even make the entire training. This is really panicking! But I'm too proud, and I had to pass through it ! I didn't want to abandon before having really tried !
Par contre, répondre à 800 appels en ligne devient très ennuyant ! Parfois, j'avais tellement soif que je n'arrivais plus à prononcer et je bafouillais ! Mais en général, ça faisait rire les gens, alors, who cares ?
But answering to 800 calls in the same day can become really boring ! Sometimes, I was so thirsty that I had many difficulties to pronounce ! Generally, it made people laugh, so who cares?

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Hey Isabelle!
It's Vesna from Slovenia. Today I decided to take time and have a look at your blog but it wasn't just a look actually, now I'm here for almost an hour! What I wanned to say is that I really like your writing. I told the story about the "dog shit" to my sister and she was laughing too. ;D So I gotta go now. Bye bye

Anonyme a dit...

By the way... here is 22:49 so I really gotta go TO SLEEP. =) Ciao

Isa a dit...

thanks Vesna for visiting my blog ! I'm glad you appreciated it ! Don't hesitate to come often and leave comments, I'm always glad to read them !
I can't wait to read a letter from you !
Bye bye

Anonyme a dit...

Hi Isabelle!
I mailed your letter yesterday so now it all depends from mail's speed. Thanks for the invitation surely I'll have many looks on your blog once I've discovered it. :D So have a nice time and hope you'll get my letter soon!