lundi 29 juin 2009

L'autre côté de l'île / The other side of the island

De l'autre côté de l'île Bonaventure, il y a d'autres choses à voir: de vieilles maisons inhabitées abandonnées depuis les années 1920. À l'époque, une centaine de personnes vivait sur l'île à longueur d'année. Ils vivaient des animaux qu'ils élevaient ainsi que des légumes qu'ils plantaient. L'été, ils prennaient des canots pour rejoindre la côte, et l'hiver, ils traversaient tout simplement sur la banquise.

On the other side of Bonaventure island, there are other things to see: old unhabited houses abandonned since the 1920's. Back then, about a hundred people lived on the island all year long. They lived from the animals they bred and from the vegetables that they gardened. During the summer, they had to take canoe to join the shore, and during winter they simply passed on the ice floe.







6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

This would be such a cool place to visit! I just the first house pic!

Isa a dit...

Thank you ! It's nice to visit, too ! If you ever get the chance to come, do not hesitate !

Anonyme a dit...

I won't! I'm sure you could tell me all sorts of cool places to vist. ~Jaclyn~

Isa a dit...

Ah ! Jaclyn ! I didn't know it was you ! Of course, I could tell you a lot of things to visit... Shortly on my blog you will see that I went to Canada highest lighthouse: Cap-des-Rosiers. I bought you a postcard... That I forgot to send with the letter you're about to get, if I'm not mistaken. I'll send it next time !

Anonyme a dit...

I wanted to put my name, but don't have a google account Do you have a picture of the other lighthouse or will you load this on later? You're too sweet. Thanks SO much for getting me a postcard! :D I look forward too it! You've probably received my last letter written on Diddl paper, correct?

Isa a dit...

Yes, I got it and alread answered ! That's the letter I wanted to send the postcard with...