lundi 29 juin 2009

Percé-Parc Forillion

Voici quelques-unes des autres photos que j'ai prises sur la route entre Percé et le Parc Forillon.
Here are some of the other pictures that I have taken on the road between Percé and Forillon Park.

6 commentaires:

Vesna a dit...

Hello Isabelle!
I really liked all those pictures, they're very impressive; they've just made another place altogether I will surely visit when in Canada. ;)
I wanted to ask you where exactly Gaspesie is, I believe it's somewhere way up St. Lovrence's river but could you name some bigger cities around there? So that I can trace it on the map. I always like to know where exactly a certain place is.

Isa a dit...

Well, you know where Rimouski is, right ? Gaspésie is the region to the east of Rimouski. It begins with Ste-Flavie and goes all along the eastern part of the south shore of St.Lawrence River, then it becomes the St-Lawrence Golf and in the end it is the Baie des Chaleurs. To help you finding it on a card, the biggest city (which is not that big) is Gaspé.

Vesna a dit...

Oh, so it's St-Lawrence river, right? Not St. Lovrence. You know, we say St. Lovrenc in Slovenian, no wonder I mixed it up / used my own French expresion. XD
Thanks for your information though!

Isa a dit...

Yes, it is the St.Lawrence. In french it is fleuve St-Laurent, so I guess the name just changes depending of the language !

Vesna a dit...

I wanted to ask you if people here ever bath in the sea? Is it too cold, even in summer? Because I don't see any crowd on the beach.
I was thinking this place must be very interesting to live in. I mean, you have everything in one place: forrests, sea, blooming meadows, snow in the winter...
Though summers would be probably too cold for my taste, when I'm used to constant heat waves and storms.

Isa a dit...

There's no crowd for many reasons: at that time of the year, the sea is too cold, but it is also because that beach is in a national park. People go there for a walk more then to bathe... Finally, there's no crowd because there's not much population in Gaspésie !